All our jewels are made of the highest quality 925 sterling silver and gold plated with 3 micron of fine gold. Gold plating is a process where a thin layer of gold is placed on the surface of a different material. All of our jewelry is plated on top of a base of sterling silver.
Click here if you wish to see a guide of quality marks.
Sterling Silver - When metals (sterling silver) are exposed to the air, they experience a chemical process called oxidation. This oxidation can produce a number of different outcomes from rust on steel to tarnish on silver.
One of the best ways to prevent sterling silver jewelry from tarnishing is by wearing it.
Your skin's oils can actually help to keep the jewelry clean and maintain its brilliance.
Another way is to polish. Polishing is a great way to spruce up sterling silver that hasn't tarnished too much. It's also a helpful way to clean oxidized silver, too. We recommend using a special silver cloth to polish the accessories. If you don't have one, use a microfiber or non-abrasive cloth.
Gold plated - All our jewels are made of the highest quality 925 sterling silver and gold plated with 3 micron of fine gold. Gold plating is a process where a thin layer of gold is placed on the surface of a different material. All of our jewelry is plated on top of a base of sterling silver. As it is a thin layer of gold, extra care should be taken to maximize its lifespan. You can wear our jewelry while washing your hands and showering.
Solid Gold - In order to keep your MAYLI jewelry as long as possible we recommend:
• Please wear your precious stones jewelry with care, those products are not designed to withstand mechanical shocks.
• We advise storing your MAYLI jewelry into its original package or other dedicated jewelry box.
• Do not wear your MAYLI jewelry during household chores or any other labor that may contain sulfur.
• We advise not to wear your MAYLI jewelry during physical activities.
• Please avoid any contact with chemical substances while wearing your MAYLI jewelry in order to avoid the risk of metal corrosion of the product.
• Please be informed that long exposure of the precious metal to agents like salty water, perfume, moisturizer, hair spray, chlorine or sulfur may affect its glow.
Depending on the wear frequency, we recommend that your MAYLI jewelry to be cleaned and examined by a specialized jeweler at least once a year.
To make sure that your jewelry stays in prime condition it is important to handle it with care. Therefore we recommend taking off your jewelry while:
- Sleeping (especially necklaces).
- Spraying perfume, oils, lotions.
- Swimming (chlorine has a negative effect).
- Showering & washing your hands.
- Exercising (sweat has a negative effect on plating).
It may happen that your pieces have been worn off and you have a beautiful silver piece left! But you are missing your gold piece? No worries we will help you out! Read further about re-plating here or email us directly with your question: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you question about our shipments and return policy please read further on our FAQ page.